Jayne, Patient, Wrexham
The efficacy of GelX® Oral Spray has been evaluated and proven in a number of clinical studies.
Niculita et al, 2020 5
The Efficacy of Polyvinylpyrrolidone- Zn Gluconate and Taurine (GelX®) in the prevention of Oral Mucositis in Haematological Patients.
A study of 145 patients made up of 99 adults (68.27%) and 46 children (31.72%). All 145 patients received GelX® Oral Spray for preventing OM.
- The prevention of OM was achieved in 54 patients (37.24%) [22 adults, 32 children] where patients developed no OM at all.
- In the remaining patients who developed symptoms of OM, 93.4% had a complete remission of symptoms.
Colita et al, 20156
The Efficacy of Polyvinylpyrrolidone-Zinc Gluconate and Taurine Gel (GelX®) in Prophylaxis and Treatment of Oral Mucositis in Children Treated with Chemotherapy.
GelX® Oral Spray was administered prophylactically or as a curative in this study.
- There was no difference in the median value of tolerability of GelX® between the 2 groups.
- In the prophylaxis arm, there was a significant reduction of OM severity with better results in quality of life, pain control and oral intake.
Dragomir et al, 20157
The Efficacy of Polyvinylpyrrolidone-Zinc Gluconate and Taurine Gel (GelX®) in Prevention and Treatment of Chemotherapy-Induced Oral Mucositis in Children with Cancer.
GelX® Oral Spray in Prevention and Treatment of Chemotherapy-induced Oral Mucositis in Children with Cancer.
- Pain was reduced in 80% of patients after the treatment with GelX® Oral Spray.
- Swallowing difficulties were reduced in 74% of patients
- There were no delays in treatment caused by severity of OM
- It was concluded that GelX® Oral Spray prevents severe mucositis and promotes healing
Zannier et al, 201916
Effects of Three Products in the Prevention and Treatment of Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy-induced Oral Mucositis.
Sixty adult patients were randomised into 3 arms to receive either GelX® Oral Spray (Group 1), Episil Oral Solution (Group 2) or Gelclair Oral Gel (Group 3).
- The GelX® Oral Spray group demonstrated an overall better efficacy and grade of safety compared to the other two groups.
Trusted by patients & healthcare professionals…
Jon, Patient, Surrey
Head & Neck Specialist Radiographer, Kent
Dr. Jennifer Turner, Consultant Clinical Oncologist